The ILGS pursuant to its mandate and organizational improvement exercise developed a revised organogram with job descriptions and conditions of service in line with its new vision.
The structural contingencies that constituted the building blocks or parameters on which the new organizational structure of the Institute has been developed included:
The mandate of ILGS has not changed since the promulgation of the Institute of Local Government Studies Act, 2003 (Act 647). The mandate is still relevant to date and provided for under sections 2 and 3 of Act 647.
The functions of ILGS as stipulated under section 4 of Act 647, which has not changed since its promulgation and are still relevant to date.
the legal positions created by the Institute of Local Government Studies Act, 2003 (Act 647), which have not also changed since the promulgation of the Act. The positions are still relevant to date.
- Governing Council - established under Section 5 of Act 647.
- Director - established under Section 11 of Act 647.
- Deputy Directors - established under Section 12 of Act 647
- Registrar - established under Section 13 of Act 647.
Other Staff - established under Section 14 of Act 647.
- the establishment of campuses per section 2 of Act 647, which provided that the Institute shall have campuses in such places as the Council of the Institute shall determine. In this regard, the Institute currently has two campuses, the main campus in Accra and the Tamale Campus. Provisions were, however, not made in managing the internal organization of the Institute vis-à-vis its campuses including the establishment, variation, and supervision of the academic divisions, faculties, schools, centers, departments, and other bodies in Accra or elsewhere.
- the Institute’s mission, vision, and strategic directions (2020-2024) as well as corporate values.
- ILGS is using state-of-the-art technology and modern equipment and the overall work environment of the Institute’s two campuses in Accra and Tamale are also pleasant and conducive with first-class facilities and modern teaching aids, modern computers, e-mailing, and internet facilities.